Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: My Moms

Not every girl is blessed to have two Moms in their lives.

My Mom and "Other Dad" Helen and Andy

The one who birthed me is Helen and she is fun loving, giving, and feisty.
She wiped my nose and put band aids on my boo boo's.
She held my hair when I got sick after my first drink (and yelled at me while I had a headache...and cooked food and made me eat it...)
She dried my tears when my first boyfriend, Thomas, broke my heart.
She loves me unconditionally.
She is my Mom and I love her very much!

But I guess God knew that I was a special case and when I was 15 years old my parents divorced and about six months later my Dad started dating Darlene. Eleven years ago Friday she became my "Other Mother" (We hate the term Step-Mother you stand on a step, you love a Mother!)

My Dad and "Other Mom" Jack and Darlene

Lene became my friend first.
She took me places and listened when I talked.
She ran interference with my Dad for me.
She wiped my tears when my last boyfriend; before my husband man came along; broke my heart.
She treats me as if I were her biological child.
She loves me unconditionally.
She is my Mom and I love her very much!

Both of my Moms love my children, they kiss their boo boo's and they wipe their noses. They hold their hair when they are sick. They cook for us; they pray for us, they are amazing.

My Moms are so different. They have different interests and hobbies, they have different tastes in music, they have different styles in clothes, but they are both gifts from God and I praise His name everyday for seeing fit to bless me with two Moms. He blessed me with a great set of Dad's as well but father’s day will be here soon so I will save that post till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment