Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh No, The big 3-0!

3 weeks…21 days…482 minutes…28920 seconds…no matter how you measure it the truth is I am less than a month away from July 7, 2010. On that day I will turn 30 years old. Yes ladies and gents 3 decades have came and went since the doctor smacked my behind on that hot July day. I know, I know, to you folks who have passed this milestone already this may seem like a little blip on the screen in the grand scheme of things but I am not looking forward to it. And as the song almost says, It’s my blog and I can whine if I want to.


I mean if I really start dissecting it, outta all the options, turning 30 is the best option I’ve got. The other option involves the bread truck crossing the center line, lighting striking me, or eating my weight in Krispy Kreme’s and having some type of diabetic seizure. As appealing as that Hot and Fresh sign may be, I will choose to keep my ticker ticking and wake up on 7-7-2010 to see what the day may hold. I am not sure what it is about this TRIPLE DECADE birthday that has me so bummed out. I mean if I did a check list of things that matter in life I would say I am doing pretty well.

Salvation (Check)

Relationship with God (Check on His part…halfhearted lately on mine)

Great Marriage (Check)

Wonderful Kids (Check)

Job I Love (Check)

Comfortable Home (Check) (well it’s not ours yet but it belongs to our family and the rent keeps me at home at least part time!)

Dependable Car (sort of a half a check…depending on the day…it’s working today so I will give it a) (Check)

Best Friends (Check)

Great Family (Check they are great and crazy all at once!)

In Good Health (No check here…this is one thing that has me bummed)



If you look at it on paper I think things are pretty umm…groovy (to use a word from the decade I was conceived in). But I am a little uneasy lately. I know part of it is this adoption journey God has put us on…things aren’t moving at the speed I want and that is just plain frustrating. I mean with my last baby I decided I wanted to have another …we had a little fun…(my Moms will die when they read that…lol…so just for them let me say we had a LOT of fun  ) and then after a month or so I was expecting. There was no question in my mind; in 9 months there would be a baby. God protected me and my sweet boy and that is just what happened. No biggie. But with this I don’t have a guarantee (not that I really did with my other two I was just blissfully stupid.) I don’t have a baby bump (not that I could find it under the baby weight from the 10 and 7 year old…yes that is what I still call it…WHAT?! Don’t judge me!! Anyway I have just never walked this way before and I am not the most patient person in the world (which would be why God also picked now to call me to HOMESCHOOL) and things are just S-L-O-W!!

Well with that, and with the fact that my health isn’t great and I need to loose weight to feel better, all I really want to do is sit down with a bag of dove bars and Funny Girl on DVD and make all of my problems go away. This birthday just has me feeling sort of BLAH.

So I come to you my fellow bloggy sisters (and brothers)…have you had a hard birthday in the past? What did you do to cheer yourself up?! Is it better to party or hide? My mom is planning on taking me out of town the weekend before so I don’t think I have a choice there. Also my birthday is on a Wednesday, any ideas for how the kids and I can make the day fun and make me feel a little less like being the first woman to die from my tongue getting caught in my Kitchen Aid Mixer set on high to mix Double Fudge Brownies?! What’s a girl to do to make 30 feel a little less like the top of the hill and a little more like the dawn of a new decade.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry that you're having a hard time with this birthday. I don't know if it helps or not, but I turned 30 last year and it's been pretty good to me! :) Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embrace it, sister!!!

    Thirty is not so bad!
    It's a fresh start...new decade...new beginnings!!
    Thinks of all the wisdom you have gained in the past thirty years!! :)

    Being thirty brings about a new sense of confidence and boldness!!!

    You go, girl!!!

    You will have an amazing time in your thirties!

    Perhaps, this is the decade God has chosen for you to complete your adoption journey!

    Blessings and Happy Birthday! (next week!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep... cheer up, dear friend... it's not such a bad club to belong to, trust me!! ;) My mom always said her 30's were the best years of her life. And I've heard others say the same. So speak LIFE into the next decade and celebrate a new era of what God may have in store for your family. You're soon old enough to adopt in China now!! ;) I've been thinking of you alot and wondering how things are going on that note. Remember when one door closes, another opens... this goes for the 30's, too!!! I say EMBRACE it and CELEBRATE with DOUBLE FUDGE BROWNIES AND ALL THE KRISPY KREMES YOU WANT!!!! :)

    Blessings and Hugs,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! After 29 there are no more birthdays... only anniversaries. So happy 1st anniversary of being 29, girlfriend!! :)

    ReplyDelete