Saturday, February 5, 2011

Awake.

Awake, O sleeper,


and arise from the dead,

and Christ will shine on you.”

Ephesians 5:14
 
I feel like this verse was written for me. If you read the chapter surrounding this verse you will see a list of things done in "the dark" and a warning to stay away from those things. Then the Bible tells us that when anything is exposed and brought to the light it becomes visible. It is no longer hidden, it can be dealt with. 
 
Well for a few months I went to sleep. I just laid down and took a nap...in the dark. But here is the issue when you have been in the light you will never be satisfied with the dark. I got sidetracked. I had two surgeries,last time I thought or prayed about adoption it was summertime the August heat was upon us and I was praying for a job that I could get insurance with so that I could be sure that all of our children were taken care of medically. Then I got the job. Before I knew it Halloween came, Thanksgiving came, Christmas came, New Years came,  and here I am 6 months down the road, we haven't applied for adoption, we have no money saved, and out there somewhere there is a child (or there will be a child) that God picked just for us and we have done nothing about it. I have even said a few times...well since my surgery I don't know that I could handle another child. I also said my kids are older and easier now I don't know if I want another child. Ugly isn't it. Human nature. The want to be comfortable, the want to do what's easy, the want to do what every one else does...but it's not enough.
 
Proverbs 24:10 If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small. 11 Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.12 If you say, "Behold, we did not know this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?
 
When I read that scripture I can't stand myself...If anyone was ever taken away to death...it would be the orphans. Maybe not all of them are in immediate danger of physical death but I went to Ch*na, I looked into the faces of children without a family, trust me they are dying inside. They need a Mom and Dad. They need a home. They need love. And I need to obey. Please pray for our family. We have to make some decisions, sooner rather than later...I don't want another 6 months to pass, I don't want to fall asleep. I want to be wide awake and busy about my Father's business.
 
In Christ Alone,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment