Monday, August 30, 2010

Memorial Box Monday: Writing on the Wall




One day I was having a particularly down day. My love tank was on the south side of empty and I honestly just didn't feel very great about myself. I was having a bad hair week, my clothes felt all wrong, I had realized I put on a couple of pounds...just felt like YUCK. Know what I mean?! Well I called my husband, hoping to get a little pep talk and when I started whining talking to him about how I felt he pretty much told me to get over it...he was busy at work and I think he just didn't feel like dealing with an emotional wife at the moment. Well I decided to stop by a store that I loved and I parallel parked and sat in my car and started praying. I just spilled my guts to God about how awful I felt and I asked Him to please help me feel better about things. I got out of the car and I happened to glance up and I saw this:




My heart skipped a beat...who wrote that? How did someone get up that high to write it? I know you can't tell from the picture but this is very high...I was holding my phone up over my head to get this. I'll never know what human hand wrote this or why but it sure felt like a message straight from my Heavenly Father to me and I suddenly didn't feel quite so frumpy.

It's amazing how God knows just what we need and He cares enough to provide it.

I am going to print off this picture and put it in my Memorial Box to remind me that even on my ugliest days God sees the beauty of what I can be.

5 comments:

  1. Sherri,

    I LOVE this story! LOVE IT! Our Heavenly Father so desires that we understand how deeply He loves us. How crazy He is about us. He doesn't see who we see when we look in the mirror (on our worst, "I'm not liking myself at all" days)--He sees "Hello beautiful"!

    If you don't mind, I may just print your photo off too--as a reminder that we are always, always "Hello beautiful" in our Father's eyes.

    Thank you so much for sharing this, you really blessed my heart!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a treasure of a story...

    Seriously sweet friend - He was talkin' to you! He had your number girlfriend!

    Thank you so much for sharing it! You are beautiful sweet friend...inside and out and He made you in His image and "He don't make junk!"...

    Love from colorado, Linny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Memorial Box post!! Yes, we are all beautiful in His eyes no matter what the world tells us. Isn't it just like God to say something so sweet to your spirit right when you need it most???

    He is wonderful!!! Be blessed today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I not leave comment the other day? Hmmm.Weird. WOuld have bet money that I did, but alas, there is no comment from me.

    I loved, loved, loved your story! Seriously. He has done the most random things in showing me how precious I am to Him or how much He loves me.

    The sign in perfect andI think you ought to print out your picture and frame it.

    Don't you just wonder how the writing got there? I think it must have been that secret hand that appeared and put the handwriting on the wall...just like in the old testament.

    The coolest ever story. Still making me smile.
    Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I didn't check the blog for a few days so I just approved the comments. You are all so sweet and you are welcome to go ahead and print the picture Tina! God Bless You All!!

    ReplyDelete