Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Box Monday: A Kiss



My Memorial Box Monday post is just a simple little story that some might find silly but I believe that God is into the details of my life and I believe that he knows just what I need and he takes pleasure in providing it for me, when he deems it appropriate.

When my children were smaller my husband worked some crazy hours he worked 12 hour shifts three or four days in a row. He worked midnights 5:45 p.m. till 6 a.m. it was so hard to take care of the kids and work and do all of the other things I was doing and often after three or four days of only seeing him for 15 minutes before work and having the kids alone I was struggling. One week he was working Monday-Thursday and it was Wednesday and I was on my way home from a long hard day at work, I had only seen him in passing the three days before and I knew that I was just going to pass him on his way out the door and then I would have to get the kids ready, do supper, and get to church all in less than two hours and I was feeling VERY overwhelmed. I was driving across town on my way home and I was just pouring my heart out to God. I was talking to him like I would my earthly father and I was crying and just telling him that I was overwhelmed, and tired, and lonely. I told him I felt like no one understood and like no one cared. It was a low moment for me. I was hurting, and tired, I needed a pick me up. Well my Wonderful Jesus knew just what I needed. I was driving in front of the courthouse downtown and I got caught by a red light. I looked over at the courthouse and I saw my friend Raymond. Raymond is in his mid to late 60's he goes to the church I went to at the time and he is precious (That is him in the picture). He always says "God loves you, just let him." He is just so precious and I love him with all of my heart. Since both of my grandfathers have passed Raymond is my stand in. He always gives me a smile and a hug and I just think the world of him. Well on that day I looked over and I saw Raymond and I waved and he waved and all of a sudden Raymond did something out of character for him. You see Raymond is a great guy but he is a "Man's Man" he likes to fish, and he holds an elected position in our county and he is not a man that just goes around being silly, but standing on the middle of the Courthouse square, Raymond put his hand to his lips and blew me the sweetest kiss you ever saw. At first it kinda surprised me, like I said Raymond isn't the blowing kisses sort but he sure did blow me a kiss. The second I saw it I felt the Holy Spirit come over me and I heard my precious savior whisper, "That kiss was from me." Then the Holy Spirit began to flood my soul with scripture that told of God's great love and mercy. I knew at that moment that even though things were not easy and I was in a difficult time, He was with me. The Lover of my soul was hanging on my every word, he knew what I needed and he was willing and able to provide. Praise the Name of JESUS! That night at church I got to tell Raymond what that kiss meant to me and he said he didn't know why he did it that he really surprised himself by doing it! :-) I love it when God does something like that just for me!



The other day I saw a little silver Hershey's Kiss at a gift shop I think I will go and buy it and place it in my memorial box to help me remember that God is watching over me and that whenever I am feeling down he is always with me.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Sherri that is awesome. Especially in that he was placed right there...and that he wasn't the kiss blowing sort of guy. I just love how the Lord takes care of such big things through the sweetest and unimaginable ways!

    The little Hershey Kiss is a GREAT object for your box! How cool you found one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sherri that is awesome. Especially in that he was placed right there...and that he wasn't the kiss blowing sort of guy. I just love how the Lord takes care of such big things through the sweetest and unimaginable ways!

    The little Hershey Kiss is a GREAT object for your box! How cool you found one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this story has me in tears!
    God is good!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love your story! I'm in tears....
    I love feeling the warmth of God thru others!

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gracious! What a beautiful story of God's tender love for you....absolutely love that Raymond even surprised himself!! haha So sweet {get it?} that you even found a little Hershey kiss to put in your Memorial Box!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo sweet! Loved it, brought tear to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete