Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thankful Thursday: No Grumbling Allowed!

Thankful Thursday

I have been a little grumpy today for no good reason but then I visited Renee at "My Autumn Years"  and remembered that I sure have a lot to be thankful for.

1. I am thankful for my relationship with Christ. He is so real in my life and I could not face this life without him.

2. I am thankful for my husband of the past 11 years. He has been out of town and he comes home today!

3. I am thankful for my children Sarah (10) and Colton (7) my mom just sent me this picture of them swimming. I am so glad they are healthy and happy.

4. I am thankful for my church family.

5. I am thankful for living in a country where I am free to homeschool and living in a community where I have such a great group of homeschool Mom's willing to help out a newbie.

6. I am thankful I do not have to work full time and I can enjoy these summer days with my children.

7. I am thankful for a loving Father, Step-Mother, Mother, and Step-Father who support us in all we do.

8. I am thankful for my loving Step-Mother, Mother, and Aunt who help with the kids during the times I do have to work. I could not leave them anywhere that I wasn't sure they would be taken care of completely.

9. I am thankful I have a roof over my head and food in my cabinets. (And for power, air conditioning, telephone, internet, indoor plumbing and all of the other comforts I take for granted.)

10. I am thankful God has opened my eyes to the needs of others and has lit a fire in my heart to help be a part of the solution.

Have you been grumbling and complaining today?! I challenge you to find 10 things to be thankful about today!

In Christ Alone,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the shout out, Sherri. I enjoyed reading about the things you are thankful for today! Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete