Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: A lesson taught by Colton


Ni Hao Y'all


This weekend I had big plans...plans to celebrate belated birthdays, plans to spend my time in specific ways...they all fell through. Some snow and a very sick little boy put everything on hold.


I have to admit I was a bit agitated. I was frustrated and just wanted to pitch a fit. But last night as we rushed our very sick 7-year old to the Children's Hospital 30 minutes away on icy roads I realized that none of those little things matter.

We are home safe today. Colton has mono. We are just so thankful that God's hand of protection and provision was on us this whole weekend. He wasn't surprised by one thing that happened. He knew that my plans were not going to be kept. But He kept His hand on us during our trials.

 
Last night I took this picture of Mitchell and Colt in the hospital bed. (That face Colt is making is a face of frustration over my need to snap pictures at really bad times.) Just a few minutes before I took this picture Colton was lying by himself and he looked at me and said "Mom, you know, God is just awesome" I said "Why do you say that sweetie?" he said "Because He is Mom, He just really is!" You know if my son can choose to praise God in the hard times then by all means I will do the same.


GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment