Thursday, May 20, 2010

Homeschooling Fun!!

So let me go ahead and say this will be a boring blog unless you homeschool or want to but I just have to share my excitement and my husband is sick of hearing it!


I needed to purchase my Science, English, History, Math, Spelling, and Typing curriculum for this next school year. I had checked online and I was expecting to pay around $599 for all of it. Well today I found my Science, English, History, and Typing programs at used book sales and on sale at a teacher’s supply store. And I spent a grand total of $65 on it all!!!! I still need Math and Spelling and the Math is a set and costs a couple of hundred dollars but I am just so excited that I found the things I needed today!

I also spent about $40 at a school supply store getting some supplies as well as $100 at Wal-Mart getting an organizing system, corkboard and other supplies but I think I did great! Tomorrow we are going to re-do our Dining room and I hope to post some pictures here tomorrow or Saturday.

I know I am way ahead but I am expecting to work a lot in June and I want to start homeschooling on July 5th. I am really looking forward to spending the time with my kids and watching them learn. Please say a prayer for us during this time!

In Christ Alone,

1 comment:

  1. How COOL! It's so fun to 'set up shop' and what a blessing you are enjoying it! PTL on the great used book finds too!

    Like you, we are going to start up July 5. We'll take off the month of June.



    I'm really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete