Thursday, April 29, 2010

I HATE SOCKS!!!


So I just need to vent for a minute; I.HATE.SOCKS! I mean it! My two lovely children are both VERY picky about their socks. They can't be too big or too little, they must hit at just the right place on their ankles. Both of my well behaved children have been reduced to a puddle of tears several times just because they couldn't find any "good socks". We have been fighting this battle for a very long time. When the kids were young I just didn't have time to sit and mate socks so I got in the habit of having a sock basket. As soon as socks came out of the dryer they went into the sock basket. Everyone’s socks went in there and that way when you needed socks you just had to dig through and find a pair that fit.

Well as the kids got older that got to be way to much trouble because when your child is picky over socks it takes forever to dig for just the right pair and its perfect mate! Well then I tried something different I had a bowl of safety pins and I told every person 10 and under in our house to bring me their socks and a safety pin when they took them off and I pinned the very tip of the toes together and then when I took them out of the wash I unpinned them and mated them and all was good for awhile. However I am here to tell you it gets to be a pain when you are rolling out biscuit dough and a child runs in with dirty socks and stands there waiting on you to pin them! So eventually we got out of the habit and now we are back to the sock basket. Well today I noticed it has grown from one basket to two baskets! I have two baskets full of stupid clean socks staring at me right now!!! They are taunting me and telling me how they will eat the kid’s favorite socks and cause crying fits for the next three weeks of school before socks are banned and flip-flops reign. I want to take those smart mouthed socks to the front yard and set them on fire and roast a marshmallow over them. But I don't have a burn permit and the pollen would choke me to death. So instead I have decided to mate these socks, throw the extra's away, and buy a new box of safety pins then I am going to give instructions to take the socks to DAD to be pinned, after all he doesn’t make biscuits! THANK YOU GOD FOR SOCKS but I sure hate em!

Guess what I am not the only one! May 8th is NO SOCK DAY!! How about that?! I think I may need a twelve step program to get over this! Have a great Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment