Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Cost of Caring

Hello everyone! I hope your Easter weekend is going well. Things have been busy here! Mitch had surgery about two weeks ago, I spent a few days in the hospital at the beginning of the week with some heart issues and Colton is having surgery Monday! As I said busy!!! I just stopped by some other blogs and I realized that not reading and blogging latley have a little more to do with my attitude than they do my schedule. Honestly it is hard to read about journey's and look at little faces when my dream of another little one seems so far away. But as I read a few blogs of families getting ready to travel I realized that this is part of my calling...to care. I must read and I must pray and I must keep my heart broken for these children. I am afraid that if I don't I will end up wasting this life on things much less important than giving a child a family. So even though it may hurt to care I will chose to allow my heart to be broken for the things that break His heart.

In Christ Alone,

1 comment:

  1. From someone who has felt your prayers at a very rough time, thanks for caring and allowing Him to break your heart for the things that break His. Hugs to you as you wait … a dear and wise friend told me yesterday that He must give us great labor pains even for the children born of our heart … because He uses those labor pains to grow and deepen our love for these children. Try to enjoy the labor pains my friend! Believe me, easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete